Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombian avocado is at China's gates
The popularity of the avocado is reflected in the fruit's export figures, which increased 41% in the period from January to July of 2017, as compared to 2016.
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Aurelio Iragorri, highlighted this product's potential, and noted that while they continue to celebrate admissibility into the United States, the final stretch to enter China is approaching.
"Colombia's admissibility process for the entry of Hass avocado into the Chinese market is a priority on the bilateral agricultural agenda. At this moment we are in the process of exchange and analysis of technical information between the health authorities of the two countries, from there the Chinese authority carries out the risk assessment for the import of avocado coming from Colombia," said the head of the agriculture portfolio.
Based on the risk assessment, the parties will agree on the conditions and requirements under which exports of Hass avocado to China will be carried out.
Minister Iragorri also informed that in October China's health authority will arrive in the country, as part of the process of admissibility that is being advanced, and whose aim is verifying the country's conditions of production.
This information will complement the risk assessment, which, once finalized, will lead to the establishment of a work plan that will enable exports of Hass avocado from Colombia to China.
In 2016, Colombia exported US $ 35 million, equivalent to 18,200 tons. Everything was sold to Europe. The main destinations were: Holland with US $ 14.5 million (41.6%); United Kingdom with US $ 9.5 million (27.1%), Spain with US $ 7.1 million (20.3%) and France with US $ 2.7 million (7.8%). As of July this year, sales of the product reached US $ 28 million and 15 thousand tons.
Publication date: 9/26/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: