Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Are full-line machine solutions the answer to labour shortages in Poland?Eighty percent of the machinery designed and produced by Polish company Sorter are for the fruit and vegetable industry. Manufactured and designed in-house, the company is in a position to offer a variety of full-line solutions for growers and manufacturers. Their range spans from harvest platforms to packing, sorting, palletising, vision system, robotics and food processing machines.
Click here to view pictures from our visit to Sorter.
"Our machinery is designed and produced in-house. We have our own design teams, not only for the actual design, but also for the electrics. We make our own computer parts, which means that everything is compatible which makes us better positioned to handle any customer requests," said Anita.
On a recent visit to Poland, many producers reported that it was increasingly difficult to find workers. Sorter also has solutions for all types of fruits and vegetables, but specifically for apples, the variety of harvesting solutions are also an option for taking the strain off of these workers.
The self-propelled orchard platform is one of these options, designed to perform at any height, it can be used for not only harvesting, but also for all of the other tasks necessary in any orchard, such as branch cutting, thinning fruit buds and working with netting.
"The uses for the platform are endless, as there are many options to suit various fruits, with the main function of moving the full bins from the orchard. Along with moving up and down, the platform can also move from side to side and is a great solution for apples, peaches and pears. It's great for our customers, because it speeds up production, which ultimately increases final production," said Anita.
A majority of their clients are located throughout Europe, but Anita Kacprowicz said that they are always looking to expand and have been actively busy in the Ukrainian and Russian markets.
"We have been busy building relationships in these new markets, but there are always cultural differences that we need to be aware of and which sometimes makes it not as easy as we would like. The Russian market, for example, is one where you need to work on really building a relationship of trust and this can take a lot more time than others," shared Anita.
Click here to view pictures from our recent visit to Sorter.
For more information:
Tel: +48 608 889 644
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: