Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Map of most popular domain names reveals surprising leader
The Pacific island of Tokelau reigns supreme in a list of the most popular top-level domain names. The number of .tk websites may have dropped from 31 million to 18 million, but the four square miles of land in New Zealand still has more domain registrations than almost any other nation or territory in the world.
The strange-looking world map, produced by UK domain registry Nominet, shows just how total its dominance is. Tokelau is barely visible on standard world maps, but here it becomes a huge area in the southern Pacific. Russia and America, by comparison, shrink to relative obscurity.
China, the world's most populous nation, is now first on the list with more than 20 million registered domains on .cn, followed by Germany (16 million on .de), United Kingdom (10.6 million for .uk and .co.uk) and Tokelau (18 million for .tk).
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: