Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Fossa Eugenia, Frankort & Koning, Kompany, Nedalpac, Staay-Van Rijn and ZON fruit and vegetables
Growers and traders from Venlo now collectively known as Die Frischen on the German market
Fossa Eugenia, Frankort & Koning, Kompany, Nedalpac, Staay-Van Rijn and ZON fruit & vegetables have, collectively, launched a brand on the German market. Under the name of Die Frischen, they want to bring the Venlo region and its quality products to the attention of German customers.
The brand was presented to the German Fruit and Vegetable Congress on Friday. Peter Deriks explained that the collaboration between the three farms and three trading companies seem unconventional, but the emphasis is not on each's own products. "We want to put our region on the map in Nordrhein West-Falen. We are doing this with this brand, an information session, and various other activities." For example, a special bicycle crate has been designed for the brand. It represents both the Netherlands and healthy eating. With this they want to connect customers and suppliers.
On Friday, Peter Deriks presented the new brand to the Fruit and Vegetable Congress
The "Die Frischen" brand is supported by the "In Die Nahe" (In the neighbourhood) and "VENLOmenal Gut" (a play on "Phenomenally Good") slogans. "We want to emphasise the short distance between the supplier and the end user", says Peter. There is also a specific emphasis on the human touch, by focusing on a grower, for example, and again, by shrinking the distance between the user and the product.
Next year, the businesses want to collectively present the brand at Fruit Logistica. It is primarily a B2B-brand, but rolling it out to consumers is also on the agenda.
For more information:
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: