Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
China's first Cucumber Carnival
Guantao County's Cucumber Carnival will open for guests for the first time on 23 September. This is the first Chinese cucumber-themed carnival to be held in the beautiful village. The carnival is focused on cucumber-related agricultural activities, combining advanced agricultural technology, culture and innovation. Through watching, enjoying, experiencing and creating, it is becoming an agricultural city of leisure. The carnival has three buildings: No. 1 is the Chinese building, and No. 2 and 3 are World buildings.
Building No.1 combines cucumber breeds, science and technology, landscapes and interactive activities. It is divided into five areas: the origin of cucumbers, enrichment by the cucumber industry, a cucumber park, a cucumber forum and a cucumber tasting event, making it a cucumber theme park to see, learn and enjoy. Building 2 shows around 120 breeds, 10 breeding technologies and 11 breeding methods. In building 3 people can experience the cucumbers from more than ten different countries from which cucumbers were brought to China. It is divided into different countries, such as Egypt, India, Russia, Israel, the Netherlands and America.
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: