Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rojo Brillante and Fuyu kakis
Spain: Kaki campaign starts with same price as last year
Kaki prices are currently similar to those recorded last year: 2 Euro per kilo, with demand for this fruit on the rise. "In Huelva, the acreage devoted to both Rojo Brillante and Fuyu kakis is expected to increase," explains Julio Alfaro, of Global Expansion Services.
Spain's three main kaki producing areas are Huelva, Valencia and Castellon, and all three have replaced other fruit and vegetable crops with kakis. "Some orange and strawberry plantations have been replaced in the area of Huelva, even though it wasn't necessary, as there are many hectares available for cultivation in that area. In the case of the provinces of Castellon and Valencia, more than half of the plantations are in the region of La Ribera Alta, where the acreage has almost exclusively been taken from oranges and mandarins," explains Alfaro.
For more information:
Julio Alfaro Martínez
Global Expansion Services F&V
Avenida Gutiérrez mellado, 103
Molina de Segura, Murcia. Spain
Tel.: +34 615 119 118
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: