Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mercadona to open its first supermarkets in northern Portugal
Mercadona continues to outline its strategy in Portugal. The Valencian company has announced that it will start building its first distribution centre in the country next year, which will be located in the northern city of Póvoa de Varzim, about 35 kilometres from Porto.
These facilities will make it possible to supply the supermarkets in the north of Portugal while keeping a close communication with the distribution centre that the Valencian firm is opening in the northwest of Spain, in Villadangos del Páramo, Leon.
The new distribution centre will consist of two warehouses, a 12,000 square metre and a 5,000 square metre one, which will serve for the storage of dry, perishable, refrigerated and frozen products, as reported by Efe.
The construction works will start in the first quarter of 2018 and the facilities are expected to start operating during the first half of 2019.
Also in 2019, Mercadona will open its first four supermarkets in Portugal; one in Gondomar, another in Matosinhos and two in Vila Nova de Gaia, also in the surrounding areas of Porto.
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: