Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Apples featured in snack category at upcoming PMA
Apples for Crunch Pak’s new Apple Rings are coming in from all the large growing regions including Washington, New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan. As far as supplies, “This year hasn’t been a challenge getting supply,” says Megan Wade with the company. What can be an issue at any time of year, however is retailers running out of stock. “We encourage retailers to sign the category well, rotate stock and monitor for out of stocks so that when consumers are in the shopping environment they have appealing healthy snacks on the shelf ready for purchase.”
The Apple Rings, in which Crunch Pak® will unveil a refreshed package design and feature at the upcoming PMA show in New Orleans, as well as their new Foodle, featuring Mini Mouse packaging. Foodle offers cheddar cheese, sliced peeled apples and non-GMO crackers as a snack.
Crunch Pak’s new Apple Rings are round circles of fresh apples with the cores removed (available in three flavor options: sweet, tart, and a mixture of both). , Apple Rings give home cooks the option to dip, layer, use the apple slices in a recipe or eat out of hand. The apples have a 21-day shelf life. “The packaging technology with its breathability ensures that fresh Apple Rings deliver the best quality eating experience,” says Wade.
Crunch Pak is a finalist in the PMA Fresh Summit Sensory Competition with an Apple Ring Flatbread recipe created by a local chef, Amy Sins of Langlois, in New Orleans. “We’re also participating in two product showcases: Apple Rings in the On-the-go showcase and Foodles in the Just for kids showcase,” says Wade. “We’re looking forward to the response of show participants to all three of these activities.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: