Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Orange exports increased in value and volume
This year orange exports are on the rise. This is demonstrated by Sunat's information published by the portal Agrodata Peru, according to which during the period from January-August 2017, although shipments were made only during three months (June, July and August) orders reached 7,712,141 kilos and an FOB value of US $ 2,928,463.
These records contrast positively with those of last year, which for the same period had shown shipments during five months, reaching a volume of 3,328,281 kilos for an FOB value of US $ 1,338,129.
According to that same source, during the period of January-August of this year, the main destination of national oranges was the United Kingdom, where placements were made for US $ 1,404,000. They were followed by the Netherlands (US $ 931,000), Costa Rica (US $ 219,000), the United States (US $ 110,000), Sweden (US $ 60,000) and Colombia (US $ 43,000).
In that period, the main exporting companies were Procesadora Larán SAC, responsible for 72% of shipments. After them stood out, Inversiones Marzala SAC (25%), Casa Chica SAC (2%) and Embaladora y Procesadora Huamaní SAC (1%).
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: