Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Orange exports increased in value and volume
This year orange exports are on the rise. This is demonstrated by Sunat's information published by the portal Agrodata Peru, according to which during the period from January-August 2017, although shipments were made only during three months (June, July and August) orders reached 7,712,141 kilos and an FOB value of US $ 2,928,463.
These records contrast positively with those of last year, which for the same period had shown shipments during five months, reaching a volume of 3,328,281 kilos for an FOB value of US $ 1,338,129.
According to that same source, during the period of January-August of this year, the main destination of national oranges was the United Kingdom, where placements were made for US $ 1,404,000. They were followed by the Netherlands (US $ 931,000), Costa Rica (US $ 219,000), the United States (US $ 110,000), Sweden (US $ 60,000) and Colombia (US $ 43,000).
In that period, the main exporting companies were Procesadora Larán SAC, responsible for 72% of shipments. After them stood out, Inversiones Marzala SAC (25%), Casa Chica SAC (2%) and Embaladora y Procesadora Huamaní SAC (1%).
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: