Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Sanctions imposed for infractions in citrus marketing
The Food Information and Control Agency (AICA), an institution under the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, has imposed sanctions following the complaints filed last year by LA UNIÓ de Llauradors against three citrus businesses for alleged breaches in the existence and content of contracts, and also against the retail chain Alcampo for a Black Friday promotion which resulted in the setting of extremely low orange and mandarin prices.
After carrying out the necessary verifications following the complaints presented by LA UNIÓ, AICA believes that there are possible breaches of the Law on measures introduced to improve the functioning of the food chain.
LA UNIÓ insists on the need for businesses and supermarket chains to act correctly and reiterated that it will continue to defend the interests of citrus growers in the Region of Valencia in the new campaign that has just started, denouncing any anomalies or illegal activities.
LA UNIÓ stressed that it has nothing against promotions to consumers, as long as the costs are covered by the distribution chains and not by producers with the prices they receive.
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: