Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mushroom facility in Michigan evacuated after chemical leak
The Kennett Square headquarters of one of the world's largest mushroom distributors was evacuated Wednesday morning because of a hazmat situation.
Courtesy of Google
Authorities were called to the South Mill Mushroom Sales and Kaolin Mushroom Farms facility at 649 W. South Street around 11:30 a.m., Kennett Township police said.
The building was evacuated and the unidentified chemical was contained. However, 12 employees were transported to hospitals for medical treatment.
Police were no longer on the scene early Wednesday afternoon, they said, but fire crews remained.
About 900 employees work at the South Mill headquarters in Kennett Square, which is known as the "Mushroom Capital of the World." The company has been based there for more than 80 years, according to its website, and has other locations in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and New Orleans.
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: