Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Deluge causes millions of dollars in crop damage in Queensland
- Washington now ranks No.1 in America for blueberry production
- Dollar shortage, not promotion of local industry, behind Zimbabwe ban decision
- Indian grape sector in Nashik hit by rainfall
- World record breaking carrot weighs in at 23 pounds
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Mushroom facility in Michigan evacuated after chemical leak
The Kennett Square headquarters of one of the world's largest mushroom distributors was evacuated Wednesday morning because of a hazmat situation.
Courtesy of Google
Authorities were called to the South Mill Mushroom Sales and Kaolin Mushroom Farms facility at 649 W. South Street around 11:30 a.m., Kennett Township police said.
The building was evacuated and the unidentified chemical was contained. However, 12 employees were transported to hospitals for medical treatment.
Police were no longer on the scene early Wednesday afternoon, they said, but fire crews remained.
About 900 employees work at the South Mill headquarters in Kennett Square, which is known as the "Mushroom Capital of the World." The company has been based there for more than 80 years, according to its website, and has other locations in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and New Orleans.
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: