Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Mushroom facility in Michigan evacuated after chemical leak
The Kennett Square headquarters of one of the world's largest mushroom distributors was evacuated Wednesday morning because of a hazmat situation.
Courtesy of Google
Authorities were called to the South Mill Mushroom Sales and Kaolin Mushroom Farms facility at 649 W. South Street around 11:30 a.m., Kennett Township police said.
The building was evacuated and the unidentified chemical was contained. However, 12 employees were transported to hospitals for medical treatment.
Police were no longer on the scene early Wednesday afternoon, they said, but fire crews remained.
About 900 employees work at the South Mill headquarters in Kennett Square, which is known as the "Mushroom Capital of the World." The company has been based there for more than 80 years, according to its website, and has other locations in Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, and New Orleans.
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: