Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
England's apple harvest could be down 20% after cold spring
England’s apple harvest could be as much as 20 per cent down after the young fruits were damaged by harsh frosts in the spring.
Picking is now underway, however growers are concerned that not only will the number of apples be down, but many are blemished or smaller than hoped for.
A problem known as ‘frost ring’ leaves a ring of russet or brown scaly skin on apples if they are hit by a sharp frost.
While they are perfectly good and healthy to eat, they do not live up to the pristine beauty pageant standards normally demanded by the mainstream supermarkets.
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: