Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: 'Fellini Patrizio' introduces jujube pots
Introducing new things by reinterpreting a traditional, ancient product in a modern way. We are talking about jujubes, which "Fellini Patrizio" has started selling in a modern practical packaging.
The packaging chosen by Fellini Patrizio. 250 gram pot with lid and label
"Harvesting is in full swing and we are rather pleased, as the produce is of high quality. Jujube cultivation has always been marginal, but we decided to do it professionally. We opted for a practical packaging, perfect for snacking. And results are showing we were right."
The jujube orchard is made up of three varieties chosen for their organoleptic qualities and ripening date. In order to obtain a high-quality product, irrigation and fertigation are essential. Mechanical operations against weeds are carried out on rows while grassing and mowing is carried out between rows.
Jujubes are produced by Azienda Agricola 67#, owned by Fellini with almost 100 cultivated hectares.
Round shaped variety
Packaging is very practical. "It seems very popular with retailers, so much so that we can't meet all demands," explains sales manager Lamberto Giovanardi. The 250 gram pot is part of the "Gli Sfizi" line, which is in turn a part of the Freschissimi di Fellini Patrizio range. "We focused on varietal choice and on good organoleptic qualities. Our produce is available for almost two months."
"Harvesting is what makes the difference. We carry out six harvests in order to always supply perfectly ripe fruit. Our clients have noticed it, and that's why we can't meet all the demands. Professionalism is part of our DNA."
Emile Fellini shows jujube pots part of the Gli Sfizi line
Jujubes are not very well known, but they have a high nutritional value. The fruit contains approximately 8.7% of sugars, 2.6% of protein as well as 1.4% ash, 1.7% pectin and 1.3% tannins.
"Jujubes can be eaten fresh but are even better if boiled, cooked, stewed or dried. They contain 20 times the vitamin C found in citrus fruit and are also rich in vitamins B1, B2 and B6. In addition, they contain manganese, potassium, iron, calcium and phosphorous."
Fellini Patrizio S.r.L.
Via G. Pascoli, 875
47035 Gambettola (FC) – Italia
Tel.: (+39) 0547 659 777
Fax: (+39) 0547 574 84
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: