Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Japan to offer more jobs in agriculture to foreign workers
Japan will offer workers from overseas on-the-job training in processing agricultural goods, seeking to relieve a labour shortage for employers that increasingly handle aspects of the farming business beyond producing.
Previously, such foreign trainees were limited to farm work, but now they will be allowed to handle the likes of pre-cut vegetable among others.
The labour, justice and agriculture ministries will revise the national training system, which offers technical and informational instruction to workers from emerging economies and elsewhere. The training program employed some 210,000 people as of last autumn, of which about 20,000 worked in agriculture.
Farming cooperatives will be allowed to contract with foreign workers and to train them in facilities -- such as fruit-sorting centres -- operated by the central Japan Agricultural Cooperatives group.
Publication date: 9/22/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: