Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sustained high levels of EU agri-food exportsThe latest monthly agri-food trade report, published by the European Commission, confirms a high level of European agri-food exports positively increasing the trade balance to €2.2 billion.
The European agri-food exports rose to €11.3 billion in July 2017, a 7% increase compared to July 2016. The most significant growths are exports towards the USA and Russia (for the products not included in the Russian embargo), with respectively an added €194 million and €104 million compared to last year.
However, exports towards Saudi Arabia, Libya and the UAE have considerably decreased. Respectively, compared to last year, this fall corresponds to - €156 million, - €50 million and - €40 million.
As for sectors, spirits and liqueurs have increased the most with €169 million more than in July 2016, followed by milk powders with €107 million added this year.
EU agri-food imports have also increased value of 9%, in comparison to last year, allowing a positive agri-food trade balance of more than €2 billion.
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: