Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sustained high levels of EU agri-food exportsThe latest monthly agri-food trade report, published by the European Commission, confirms a high level of European agri-food exports positively increasing the trade balance to €2.2 billion.
The European agri-food exports rose to €11.3 billion in July 2017, a 7% increase compared to July 2016. The most significant growths are exports towards the USA and Russia (for the products not included in the Russian embargo), with respectively an added €194 million and €104 million compared to last year.
However, exports towards Saudi Arabia, Libya and the UAE have considerably decreased. Respectively, compared to last year, this fall corresponds to - €156 million, - €50 million and - €40 million.
As for sectors, spirits and liqueurs have increased the most with €169 million more than in July 2016, followed by milk powders with €107 million added this year.
EU agri-food imports have also increased value of 9%, in comparison to last year, allowing a positive agri-food trade balance of more than €2 billion.
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: