Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sustained high levels of EU agri-food exportsThe latest monthly agri-food trade report, published by the European Commission, confirms a high level of European agri-food exports positively increasing the trade balance to €2.2 billion.
The European agri-food exports rose to €11.3 billion in July 2017, a 7% increase compared to July 2016. The most significant growths are exports towards the USA and Russia (for the products not included in the Russian embargo), with respectively an added €194 million and €104 million compared to last year.
However, exports towards Saudi Arabia, Libya and the UAE have considerably decreased. Respectively, compared to last year, this fall corresponds to - €156 million, - €50 million and - €40 million.
As for sectors, spirits and liqueurs have increased the most with €169 million more than in July 2016, followed by milk powders with €107 million added this year.
EU agri-food imports have also increased value of 9%, in comparison to last year, allowing a positive agri-food trade balance of more than €2 billion.
Publication date: 9/25/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: