Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Barclays Bank devotes 11% of loan portfolio to Ghana agriculture
Barclays Bank Ghana Limited says it is committed to ensuring that farmers get financial support in order to improve productivity.
To show commitment, the bank has set up Agribusiness Desk primarily to address financial concerns of farmers. The bank has also invested over US$57 million into the maize and soya value chain from 2014 to 2017.
The Head of Agribusiness at Barclays Bank Ghana, Mr Andrew Ahiaku, told the Graphic Business after a media dialogue on Wednesday, September 13 in Accra, that the bank had dedicated 11 per cent of its entire loan portfolio to finance agriculture.
He stated that the bank has developed agricultural policy and a strategy aimed at supporting agribusiness in a quest to encourage growth in the sector.
“For us at Barclays Bank Ghana, we see and treat agribusiness as the business of agricultural production,” he said and added that financing of the sector must be approached from the value chain perspective.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: