Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Barclays Bank devotes 11% of loan portfolio to Ghana agriculture
Barclays Bank Ghana Limited says it is committed to ensuring that farmers get financial support in order to improve productivity.
To show commitment, the bank has set up Agribusiness Desk primarily to address financial concerns of farmers. The bank has also invested over US$57 million into the maize and soya value chain from 2014 to 2017.
The Head of Agribusiness at Barclays Bank Ghana, Mr Andrew Ahiaku, told the Graphic Business after a media dialogue on Wednesday, September 13 in Accra, that the bank had dedicated 11 per cent of its entire loan portfolio to finance agriculture.
He stated that the bank has developed agricultural policy and a strategy aimed at supporting agribusiness in a quest to encourage growth in the sector.
“For us at Barclays Bank Ghana, we see and treat agribusiness as the business of agricultural production,” he said and added that financing of the sector must be approached from the value chain perspective.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: