Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First shipment of Vietnamese dragon fruit headed to Australia
The first batch of Vietnamese dragon fruit has been exported to Australia by the Hoang Phat Company in the southern province of Long An, announced the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and Long An authorities on September 20.
According to Hoang Phat Company Director Nguyen Thi Kim Thoa, the batch comprised 3 tonnes of white-flesh dragon fruit.
Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Tran Thanh Nam said the export of the first batch of dragon fruit to Australia is an important event for the agricultural sector, marking the efforts of farmers, exporters and relevant agencies.
Pham Van Canh, Vice chairman of Long An People’s Committee said the success opens the way for the province’s fruit to enter other choosy markets. He added that at present, 80 percent of dragon fruit grown in Long An is shipped to China, 15 percent is sold on the domestic market and only five percent is exported to other markets including Japan, Thailand, the US and Europe.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: