Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
First shipment of Vietnamese dragon fruit headed to Australia
The first batch of Vietnamese dragon fruit has been exported to Australia by the Hoang Phat Company in the southern province of Long An, announced the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and Long An authorities on September 20.
According to Hoang Phat Company Director Nguyen Thi Kim Thoa, the batch comprised 3 tonnes of white-flesh dragon fruit.
Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Tran Thanh Nam said the export of the first batch of dragon fruit to Australia is an important event for the agricultural sector, marking the efforts of farmers, exporters and relevant agencies.
Pham Van Canh, Vice chairman of Long An People’s Committee said the success opens the way for the province’s fruit to enter other choosy markets. He added that at present, 80 percent of dragon fruit grown in Long An is shipped to China, 15 percent is sold on the domestic market and only five percent is exported to other markets including Japan, Thailand, the US and Europe.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: