Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Shawn Harris invests 5mln Euro in international roll out of The Avocado Show"This step gives me a better balance in my life. It gives me the opportunity to, based on my own experience as an entrepreneur, advise and guide a number of start-up companies that I am involved with. I remain involved in the further development of Nature's Pride, but with more distance." With these words, Shawn Harris announced her departure from the role of CEO of Nature's Pride last summer.
One of these start-up is now well known: The Avocado Show. The avocado restaurant that opened its doors six months ago in the Pijp, is going to be expanding abroad thanks to her investment of five million Euro. Which cities will be receiving an Avocado Show of their own over the coming years, isn't known yet. "We are currently in conversation in over ten countries. At the end of this year we will be signing for the first location. A few should be open at the start of 2018," says owner Ron Simpson in Dutch newspaper Het Parool. The Amsterdammers want to work with independent restaurateurs in other countries who pay to use the formula.
The first two million Euro is already in. In the coming five years another three million will be added. "Harris has the knowledge. She knows how to get ripe avocados anywhere in the world. Including in Dubai," says Simpson, who describes her as the 'female Bill Gates of the avocado world' in Quote with a wink. "We grew from a customer-supplier to true partners quickly and Harris saw an opportunity to go international from her investment company Orange Wings."
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: