Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Amazon Food to become available in Bologna
8 thousand square metres that should become operative on October 3rd. It's the new warehouse that Amazon will open in Crespellano, near Bologna, to deliver food (probably fruit and vegetables as well) within the hour.
Marco Ferrara, City Manager Amazon Prime Now
After the success of Amazon Prime Now in Milan, the e-commerce giant continues to invest in large cities. And it's not the first time it has decided to do so in Emilia-Romagna, as it already has a large 100 thousand sq m hub in Piacenza.
The new hub should be located just outside Bologna, but Amazon hasn't confirmed the news published by La Republica. The ribbon cutting ceremony is anyway expected to take place soon.
The arrival in Bologna of the Amazon food service will definitely have a strong impact on the sector, as the e-commerce giant will be in direct competition with local supermarket chains as well as the EasyCoop eCommerce by Coop Alleanza 3.0.
Source: www.gdoweek.it / www.leonardo.it
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: