Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruitsapp officially launches its platformThis online marketplace officially launched its platform on Monday. “We have made some adjustments and created new features. So far we have received good feedback, as companies have noticed the new features and experienced the improved version as easy to work with for both seller and buyer”, states Elena Molinaro from Fruitsapp.
“This basic option is the free version of Fruitsapp. This means sellers can publish their products and the registered buyers can see the offered products. The private dashboard is available, where they have all their actions listed. Also, the map includes all the companies who are interested in their product. Or the other way around, the companies that offer the demanded product”, explains Elena.
“Moreover, there is the possibility to connect with the necessary companies in order to reach the global market. Once a negotiation has started, they can keep track of the status of the order. The dashboard also shows the price of this particular product in the market, so companies know whether they are buying or selling at a good price.”
“Included in the basic version, there is the buying requests service for the buyers. When the buyer needs a product that is not offered yet, can publish himself the request of the same product. In that way it’s easier for him to find what he’s looking for and it’s faster for the sellers to know the preferences of the buyers”.
The logistics are integrated in the system. “The company responsible for logistics, can automatically choose the logistics company. Another feature that is still available is the ´hot offer´, this paid service can be used to sell a certain product faster. We are in charge to reach all the potential customers in this case. Finally, our team is always online for help, like a 24 hour service.”
By paying a small monthly fee, Fruitsapp has developed a few additional features. “Registered companies can send private offers directly to the buyers, as well multiple offers at once. Other features are the private messages and the forecasting service. The private messages make it possible for companies to easily interact between buyer and seller. The forecasting service includes the tendency of the prices and demand of a certain product in the next weeks. In this way both buyers and sellers can make a plan based on this information”, says Elena.
In addition, Fruitsapp offers the statistics of the company in this premium package. “We study the movements and negotiations of each company. Based on this information we give these companies their results and suggestions. Companies may use this to improve their way of doing business on this marketplace”.
There is an additional service that can be bought by either sellers or buyers using the basic or premium version. “We are talking about the sponsored company service, to be the focus of attention with a banner in the first page of the companies and products section. If a buyer searches for a certain product, the sponsored companies related to their search stand out among the first results. This increased visibility is a usefull way to exponentially increase sales”, explains Elena.
At this moment 1,500 companies make use of Fruitsapp, but Elena hopes to reach 2,500 users by the end of this year. “Obviously, we have countries that are using the platform more than others. For example, Spain, South America such as Peru and Colombia, Mexico and India. We would like to increase the usage in countries such as Germany and the Netherlands in Europe and as well the United States. A positive aspect is that we managed to balance the amount of buyers and sellers that are registered.”
She concludes: “The platform is fully working, so we remain working like this. Besides increasing the number of registered companies, we would as well like to increase the number of transactions. We are always open for feedback from the users, so we are able to improve the service that we offer.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: