Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Ag software company Agrian expands into Australia
Agrian, a software company, is moving into Australia with a physical support and sales presence to meet new market opportunities. Australia's ag industry has always embraced new technology and innovation, and this recent extension hopes to capitalise on that.
Agrian, founded in 2004 in Fresno, California, started as a cloud-based record-keeping system to help those in the Western United States navigate the ever-growing regulatory requirements. Agrian later expanded its digital capabilities to include a platform approach to help agronomists, growers and food processors work collaboratively within one system to accomplish many tasks including food company reporting, crop planning, scouting, imagery, soil and tissue sampling, logged and wireless data transfer, variable rate, and nutrient management to create a record of each crop in every market whether in specialty fruit crops, cereal grains or oil seeds.
"We're excited to introduce Agrian's capabilities to the Australian market," said Nishan Majarian, CEO of Agrian.
Agrian's expansion within Australia includes hiring seasoned ag professional, Matt Lane. Lane is based in Adelaide and has over 20 years of experience in agribusiness, through account management and business development roles in crop protection, crop nutrition and commercial seed.
Australia is witnessing a similar transition in farming as North America, as a younger generation assumes lead roles in the family operations. "These farmers fully embrace technology and innovation, and are eagerly asking for more and more information – particularly when it comes to precision agriculture," said Chad Matthies, VP Business Development, International. "Transparency within farming practices is not something we're just preaching, it's becoming the way things are done."
For more information:
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: