Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Bengal, India looks to export vegetables to EU and US
After success with export to the Middle East, the Bengal Government has now decided to move ahead and expand the market for its vegetables, to include Europe and USA.
The Food Processing and Horticulture Department had started exporting vegetables to the Middle East, which includes the Gulf countries, in August 2016. There has been a big success with respect to lady’s fingers, beans, chillies and ridge gourds, said All India Trinamool Congress in a release.
The best of these is grown in Bankura district, and that too, organically, that is, without the use of any chemical fertilizers. More areas in the western part of Bengal have been identified for growing vegetables with high potential for export.
“Whatever help in the form of irrigation and the requirement of organic fertilizers is required would be provided by the State Government,” AITC said.
Every day, about 2.5 tonnes are exported over flights to the Middle East, but even that is not enough to satisfy the demand. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee led party is saying that she is trying her best to get airlines to start direct flights between Bengal and Europe, and when that happens, vegetables would be exported to Europe.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: