Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
The French company Pronatura will come to Peru to visit the Expoalimentaria fair for the second time, not only to maintain ties with its current suppliers but also to identify exporters of dried organic fruits and nuts, said Stéphanie Floury of the company's purchasing department.
Pronatura, with 30 years in the market, imported in 2016 around 800 tons of Peruvian products valued at €2 million. "In previous editions, we met interesting contacts who sold fresh produce. We buy about 150 varieties of organic products and organic processed foods," he said.
He added that this year he would like to maintain ties with his supplier companies as well as other potential sources for products such as dehydrated organic fruits and nuts.
Pronatura imports and exports 100% organic fruits, vegetables and legumes, with sales of approximately €150 million annually (70,000 tons) and has both retail and wholesale operations.
In France, it distributes its products in specialized stores, supermarkets, as well as to catering and industry. "Last year we closed our sales with a 30% increase over 2015," Floury said.
It should be noted that Expoalimentaria is the most important international food fair in Latin America, and promotes innovation, quality and diversification of the offer. It also positions Peru as the food larder for the world.
Another important point is that it presents the exportable supply of all regions of Peru and helps exporters and producers to connect with the world, contributing to decentralization and economic growth. Products from other countries that see Expoalimentaria as a window to identify more buyers, will also be exhibited.
The Expoalimentaria fair is to be held from September 27 to 29, is organized by ADEX with the valuable support of the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation (Minagri), Ministry of Foreign Trade and Tourism (Mincetur), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (RR.EE.) and PromPerú.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: