Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CA: Sudbury markets to offer free fruits & veg to kids
In an effort to encourage children in Canada to boost their consumption of fruits and vegetables, the City of Greater Sudbury's Healthy Kids Community Challenge will be providing children with market money they can spend at participating local area farmers markets.
From Sept. 19-23, children aged 12 and under and accompanied by an adult can visit one of the following markets, pick up their market money and spend it on a selection of fruits and vegetables:
- Pop Up Good Food Box - Spencer Park, Copper Cliff on Wednesday, from 3:30-5 p.m.
- Walden Day Care Farmer's Market - Walden Day Care, 500 Niemi Rd. in Lively on Thursday from 3-6 p.m.
- Greater Sudbury Market - York Street on Thursday from 3-7 p.m.
- Greater Sudbury Market - Elgin Street on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Healthy Kids at the Market celebrations continues Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Market on Elgin Street. Kids and their families can enjoy a variety of activities including inflatables, free corn on the cob, and activities and displays with Healthy Kids partners.
So that every family can enjoy this exciting event, free transit to the downtown market will be provided upon request. Families need only let the bus driver know they are attending Healthy Kids Day at The Market to ride for free.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: