Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cuban potato delegation visits seed potato companies in Quebec
A Cuban delegation visited the main seed potato companies in Quebec in early August, organized by Progest 2001 Inc.
The Cuban delegation was headed by the National Director of Crops and also included the National Director of Seeds and the Potato Director of the National Institute of Agricultural Sciences (INCA).
They visited seed production fields, different types of mini-tuber production and in-vitro laboratory facilities. Furthermore they held several meetings with seed growers and seed companies across the province of Quebec.
Progest is collaborating with INCA for the past three years in a joined project which involves the evaluation of advanced genetic potato lines and local varieties from Quebec.
This is the first time that an official delegation from Cuba has visited seed potato growers in Quebec.
The last day of the visit, the delegation participated in a Potato Field Day organised by the seed potato companies from Quebec in Saint-Roch-de-l'Achigan. They evaluated several potato varieties on display by the companies and also enjoyed several other field attractions.
Publication date: 9/21/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: