Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- Lidl formula is becoming more and more like the local corner shops
- Fruit fly infested fruit found in supermarket
- Increased packing line efficiency for Washington apple grower
- US: Next generation of pre-packaged snacks adds fresh fruit and vegetables
- Italian kiwifruit growers visit New Zealand orchards
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Korean avocado imports grow sixfold
South Korea’s imports of avocados have dramatically increased in recent years, riding on the surging popularity of the fruit for its versatility in cooking and health benefits, industry data showed Tuesday.
According to data compiled by the Korea Customs Service, the amount of avocados imported last year reached 2,915 tons, a sixfold surge compared to 457 tons in 2010.
The figure is expected to reach almost 5,000 tons by the end this year, the data also showed.
Korean retail giant Lotte Mart’s discount warehouse brand Vic Market also reported that its sales of avocados this year have increased by 36.1 percent so far. Of all imported fruits sold at Vic Market, avocado ranked sixth, up five notches from 11th in 2015, the company added.
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: