Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Sanlucar urges the necessity of a digitised the fruit & veg sector
From September 21 to 22, The city of Düsseldorf will host the German Fruit & Vegetable Congress (DOGK). The main representatives of the German fruit and vegetable branch will meet at this event to discuss the most important issues of the sector in the upcoming years.
The digitisation of the supply chain of fruits and vegetables is among the subjects that attract the most attention from the participants. Christoph Waltert, Business Excellence Manager of SanLucar, will present his experiences.
Waltert will address the digitisation process in three steps: the creation of a base by managing master data, the formation of a team that is involved in the process as well as a final work phase to focus on the search and implementation of solutions and tangible technologies.
“Compared to other industries”, explains Waltert, “the fruit and vegetable sector is still in the beginning stage of this digital challenge. However, we are able to achieve very satisfying results with minimal effort.”
“Efficient management of information in the fruit and vegetable business creates competitive advantages like an easier product traceability, better communication and connectivity with suppliers and partners or, among other benefits, a more efficient management of accounting and financial processes.”
Over the course of the past two years, digitisation has been the key to SanLucar’s international growth.
“It creates an advantage for all of us to build business alliances in the sector in order to achieve improvements more quickly and to facilitate growth. Therefore, we do not miss out on unique opportunities like the participation in the DOGK.”
After the speech, the participants will have the opportunity to participate in a quiz in order to check their knowledge on digitisation. The application for this quiz was developed for the congress. The initiative was undertaken by the organisation GS1, who designs and implements global standards and solutions for the improvement of supply chains efficiency, of which SanLucar is also a member.
For more information:
Tel: +34 96 142 40 40 Extension -2410
Mob: +34 673886730
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: