Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
Tanimura & Antle launched a new and exciting addition to their Artisan Family of products: Artisan Dew Drop Cabbage. Over the past year, the company’s in-house product development team has been testing the item at their various growing locations to assure year-round availability and has now increased the volume of the program. The Artisan Dew Drop Cabbage was featured in the new product showcase in July at the annual Foodservice Produce Marketing Association Conference in Monterey, CA. With the overwhelmingly positive response from chefs and attendees, the company expanded acreage to fully launch the program into the market. Artisan Dew Drop Cabbage joins an already proven successful product line including Artisan Lettuce, Artisan Romaine, Artisan Sweet Broccoli, and Artisan Sweet Red Onions.
Artisan Dew Drop Cabbage is a spherical, teardrop-shaped variety of cabbage that elevates the everyday meal experience in both restaurants and consumer’s homes. With a shelf life of 21 days, this product easily replaces traditional varieties of cabbage in common recipes with a more tender texture and sweeter taste than a standard head of cabbage. The petite size and unique shape of each Artisan Dew Drop Cabbage head allows for quick and easy preparation, as well as flexibility in size and cuts. Like other Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Family products, Artisan Dew Drop Cabbage packs a high yield with a petite size, making the product more manageable in the kitchen and decreasing the amount of waste in consumer’s homes.
With both foodservice and retail packs, the company expects the program to mirror and potentially surpass the growth of their other Artisan items and plans to explore offering the item organically in the future. Available in a 24 count foodservice case, the initial interest and demand for the item has stemmed from restaurants and foodservice customers. However, while the product is a natural fit for restaurants, Tanimura & Antle Chief Marketing Officer, Jeff Jackson, also sees great potential for the item in retail stores as well.
“More than ever before, consumers are seeking unique, specialty alternatives to traditional commodity items at their local grocery stores. Our Artisan Dew Drop Cabbage fits perfectly into our Artisan Product line and we’re excited to provide a new product with farm fresh flavor, quality, variety, and value to not only our customer, but consumers as well,” said Jackson, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
Like many of the company’s custom packaging designs, the Artisan Dew Drop 2 ct. retail bag is unique to Tanimura & Antle and serves as a protective barrier for the product at the grocery store level. The innovative package design was crafted to fit the unique shape of the product and shares a recipe suggestion for consumers.
Tanimura & Antle
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: