Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: T-Mall Fresh sells 500,000 Mexican avocados in 2 days
A few days ago, based on information distributed by the Mexican trade agency, T-Mall Fresh and the commercial department of the Mexican consulate in China cooperated to promote Mexican avocados. Within two days, online sales of Mexican avocados accounted for 500.000 pieces, with an estimated weight of 80 tons.
T-Mall Fresh, which is an online B2C selling platform of the Alibaba Group, has joined with the commercial affairs department of the resident Mexican consulate in Shanghai on September 11th. Together they held the press conference 'avocado state banquet' and invited super-members of T-Mall, opinion leaders and famous bloggers to judge 100 sumptuous avocado dishes at the scene. This event was broadcast in real-time over the internet.
At the beginning of the event, commercial attache of the Shanghai office of the promotion department for Mexican investment and trade, Xia Han, gave a congratulations speech. He thanked T-Mall Fresh for its many contributions to the promotion of Mexican avocados, and emphasized the immense potential of the top quality and nutrious avocado products on the Chinese market. Every year approximately 15 million avocados are consumed on the Chinese market, and this amount is increasing by 200% yearly.
Afterwards, T-Mall Fresh organized the event 'City Special Enjoyment Day'. Within two days online sales of Mexican avocados went up to 500.000, totalling about 80 tons. Among these, 70% was purchased by female clients. The 4 cities that like eating avocados the most are: Shanghai, Beijing, Hangzhou and Guangzhou. Currently, Alibaba sells 10 kinds of avocado, 7 of these come from Mexico.
Publication date: 9/20/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: