Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Louisiana exhibitor happy to see PMA show in New OrleansAs a first time exhibitor at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit conference, Matt Garber has a few pretty straightforward reasons to attend this year’s show.
“For us, the PMA is in New Orleans this year and I’m in Louisiana—that’s a big part of it,” says Garber of Iota, La.-based Garber Farms. “So we figured we could do it without the expense of having to ship stuff in. I can drive it in myself and unload our items.”
But possibly more compelling is the handful of new items that Garber Farms, a sweet potato grower, has on offer at the show. “I figured that we would have a lot of regional people coming through who we may not even know to reach out to about that item,” says Garber.
New products to introduce
Those new items include a Sweeten the Pot Sweet Potatoes boil-ready bag to add to seafood and other dishes that Garber is introducing to both consumer and retail customers.
“I also have a new steamable pouch and that’s available for retail,” he says, adding that Garber is also working with tray packs, an area of business he sees as potentially growing significantly in the coming year.
“And at this show, my main pitch is to my current customers,” he says. “I just want to showcase our items so the executives of the companies that I deal with can see that I’m offering a full line and are striving for new things.”
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: