Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Photo report New York Produce show
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
I Love Avocados earns heart-check certification
West Pak Avocado, the parent company for I love Avocados™, is pleased to announce that the brand has earned the American Heart Association’s (AHA) coveted Heart-Check mark designation, a certification to meet strict dietary criteria for heart-healthy foods. The requirements for certification are based on the sound science of the American Heart Association regarding healthy dietary recommendations including food categories, specific product ingredients and nutrient values.
Designed to help consumers make informed choices about the foods they purchase, the American Heart Association Heart-Check Food Certification Program uses the Heart-Check mark to make it easy for consumers to spot heart-healthy foods in the grocery store or when dining out. According to the American Heart Association, over 75% of consumers recognize the Heart-Check symbol and express that they are more likely to purchase foods that feature the certification mark.
This Heart-Check mark is now prominently displayed on all I Love Avocados packaging, merchandizing and marketing materials, and product support including the brand’s website and social media. This designation is important to the I Love Avocados brand, as it continues their commitment to help educate others about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle including a balanced diet. This in turn will help minimize the occurrence of obesity, diabetes and other preventable health issues.
"We are honored to receive the American Heart Association certification,” said Mario Pacheco, CEO of West Pak Avocado, the parent company for I Love Avocados. He continued, “Now with the Heart-Check mark association throughout our brand, people can be doubly confident with their choice of heart-healthy avocados.”
West Pak Avocado
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: