Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
I Love Avocados earns heart-check certification
West Pak Avocado, the parent company for I love Avocados™, is pleased to announce that the brand has earned the American Heart Association’s (AHA) coveted Heart-Check mark designation, a certification to meet strict dietary criteria for heart-healthy foods. The requirements for certification are based on the sound science of the American Heart Association regarding healthy dietary recommendations including food categories, specific product ingredients and nutrient values.
Designed to help consumers make informed choices about the foods they purchase, the American Heart Association Heart-Check Food Certification Program uses the Heart-Check mark to make it easy for consumers to spot heart-healthy foods in the grocery store or when dining out. According to the American Heart Association, over 75% of consumers recognize the Heart-Check symbol and express that they are more likely to purchase foods that feature the certification mark.
This Heart-Check mark is now prominently displayed on all I Love Avocados packaging, merchandizing and marketing materials, and product support including the brand’s website and social media. This designation is important to the I Love Avocados brand, as it continues their commitment to help educate others about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle including a balanced diet. This in turn will help minimize the occurrence of obesity, diabetes and other preventable health issues.
"We are honored to receive the American Heart Association certification,” said Mario Pacheco, CEO of West Pak Avocado, the parent company for I Love Avocados. He continued, “Now with the Heart-Check mark association throughout our brand, people can be doubly confident with their choice of heart-healthy avocados.”
West Pak Avocado
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: