Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
North Dakota potato production dropped 22% in 2016
Potato production in North Dakota has seen a significant drop since 2015 falling by 22%.
The Agriculture Department says farmers in the state produced 21.6 million hundredweight of potatoes in 2016. A hundredweight is equivalent to a 100-pound bag.
Decreases in planted acres, harvested acres and average yield all contributed to the drop in production last year.
The value of potatoes sold from the 2016 crop totalled $199 million, down 14 percent from 2015.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: