Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
North Dakota potato production dropped 22% in 2016
Potato production in North Dakota has seen a significant drop since 2015 falling by 22%.
The Agriculture Department says farmers in the state produced 21.6 million hundredweight of potatoes in 2016. A hundredweight is equivalent to a 100-pound bag.
Decreases in planted acres, harvested acres and average yield all contributed to the drop in production last year.
The value of potatoes sold from the 2016 crop totalled $199 million, down 14 percent from 2015.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: