Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
North Dakota potato production dropped 22% in 2016
Potato production in North Dakota has seen a significant drop since 2015 falling by 22%.
The Agriculture Department says farmers in the state produced 21.6 million hundredweight of potatoes in 2016. A hundredweight is equivalent to a 100-pound bag.
Decreases in planted acres, harvested acres and average yield all contributed to the drop in production last year.
The value of potatoes sold from the 2016 crop totalled $199 million, down 14 percent from 2015.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: