Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic on its path
Hurricane Maria makes landfall on DominicanaCountries still recovering from Hurricane Irma, have taken another hit with Hurricane Maria making landfall last night in the Island Dominicana as a category 5 storm. It weakened to a category 4 storm after landfall said the US National Hurricane Center early Tuesday. The hurricane continues its path over the Leeward Islands, the Virgin Islands and most likely will hit Puerto Rico Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. The Dominican Republic should also be prepared.
Source: US national hurricane center
The island was heavily damaged on Monday night through to Tuesday, when the hurricane made landfall. Premier Roosevelt Skerrit posted messages on Facebook while it all happened. The most recent say that initial reports are of widespread devastation. “My greatest fear for the morning is that we will wake to news of serious physical injury and possibly deaths as a result of likely landslides triggered by persistent rains.” He also mentions, that it's too early to speak of the condition of the air and seaports. However, he expects that both will be inoperable for a few days.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: