Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
"Chinese garlic takes leading role in European and American markets"
"Compared to 2016, the 2017 garlic production in China has increased by at least 30%. This is mainly due to this year's amazing weather and an expansion in production," explains Mr. Yang Guotai from Shandong Weifang Import and Export Co Ltd.
Exported garlic from Shandong Weifang Import and Export Co., Ltd.
"The current garlic price is stable. Compared to last year, it dropped around 20%. In the production seasons of 2015/16 and 2016/17, many exporters and storage owners gained great market profits. This year, the garlic market has been stable up until now, without any large price fluctuations."
Premium packed garlic
High quality garlic
"Our garlic is exported under our customers' brands and our own 'Cathy' brand to Europe and America. Our customer base mainly consists of local distributors and supermarkets. For the past few years, Chinese garlic has relied on its price and quality advantages, and it has become very popular on the European and American market. That is why the demand from foreign customers will remain stable."
Plump garlic cloves
"As a garlic export company with a lot of experience, while we are steadily developing the European and American market, we also hope to expand to the South East Asian market, for example Thailand and Indonesia. We want to join hands with experts, so even more consumers can have the opportunity to taste our unique garlic."
Shandong Weifang Import and Export Co., Ltd.
Phone: +86 139 5360 6586
Fax: +86 536 8896 706
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: