Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maersk Line to extend supply chain in India
The India unit of Maersk Line is expanding its cargo-shipping role in the country to establish itself as a provider of end-to-end supply chain solutions that would include doorstep delivery.
"One noticeable change we have already seen in India is that we are closely working with our customers to execute more and more of the supply chain," Steve Felder, the India head of Maersk, told ET. Felder has recently been appointed managing director for the Danish conglomerate's operations in India and five other neighbouring markets.
A bigger role for Maersk in the supply chain would mean the company’s involvement in the road and railways legs of shipments for importers, and delivering consignments at factories or warehouses.
Felder said the focus on allied services, which the company outsources to third parties, has increased in the past six months. The strategy is in line with parent A.P Moller Maersk Group's plans to focus on its transport operations while seeking alliances or a separate listing for its energy division, as articulated last September by chief executive Soren Skou.
"Instead of just doing a port to port business, Maersk is going the extra mile in delivering to inland container depots or even the customers' premises," said Felder.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: