Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Organic fruit & veg gains momentum in Iran
Over the recent years, Iranian customers have inclined for the consumption of more organic food products including fruit and vegetables, Financial Tribune daily reported on Monday.
To address the demand, Tehran municipality is considering to increase the number of organic food stalls in the municipality-run vegetable and fruit markets, Abdolhossein Rahimi, the head of Tehran Municipality's Fruit and Vegetables Markets Management Organization, said.
To encourage organic farming, Tehran municipality will allocate market spaces at lower prices to organic food producers, said Rahimi.
Besides, Iran plans to hold 10th festival on organic agricultural products in Tehran's Goftogu Park in January 2018. International manufacturers and producers will attend.
According to Rahimi, the festival has seen improvement in the number of participants each year. Last year, the week-long exhibition received around 25,000 visitors every day.
Earlier this month, Tehran Municipality's Fruits and Vegetables Markets Management Organization was granted a membership in the Association of Asian Local Governments for Organic Agriculture in the latest meeting of the association in South Korea.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: