Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Organic fruit & veg gains momentum in Iran
Over the recent years, Iranian customers have inclined for the consumption of more organic food products including fruit and vegetables, Financial Tribune daily reported on Monday.
To address the demand, Tehran municipality is considering to increase the number of organic food stalls in the municipality-run vegetable and fruit markets, Abdolhossein Rahimi, the head of Tehran Municipality's Fruit and Vegetables Markets Management Organization, said.
To encourage organic farming, Tehran municipality will allocate market spaces at lower prices to organic food producers, said Rahimi.
Besides, Iran plans to hold 10th festival on organic agricultural products in Tehran's Goftogu Park in January 2018. International manufacturers and producers will attend.
According to Rahimi, the festival has seen improvement in the number of participants each year. Last year, the week-long exhibition received around 25,000 visitors every day.
Earlier this month, Tehran Municipality's Fruits and Vegetables Markets Management Organization was granted a membership in the Association of Asian Local Governments for Organic Agriculture in the latest meeting of the association in South Korea.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: