Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Organic fruit & veg gains momentum in Iran
Over the recent years, Iranian customers have inclined for the consumption of more organic food products including fruit and vegetables, Financial Tribune daily reported on Monday.
To address the demand, Tehran municipality is considering to increase the number of organic food stalls in the municipality-run vegetable and fruit markets, Abdolhossein Rahimi, the head of Tehran Municipality's Fruit and Vegetables Markets Management Organization, said.
To encourage organic farming, Tehran municipality will allocate market spaces at lower prices to organic food producers, said Rahimi.
Besides, Iran plans to hold 10th festival on organic agricultural products in Tehran's Goftogu Park in January 2018. International manufacturers and producers will attend.
According to Rahimi, the festival has seen improvement in the number of participants each year. Last year, the week-long exhibition received around 25,000 visitors every day.
Earlier this month, Tehran Municipality's Fruits and Vegetables Markets Management Organization was granted a membership in the Association of Asian Local Governments for Organic Agriculture in the latest meeting of the association in South Korea.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: