Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Excellent EU grape market – if only the grapes can get there
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "US agriculture has failed to benefit from the Korean Free Trade Agreement"
- Winter storm Benji dusts southern US and Mexico with rare snow
- Photo report New York Produce show
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fyffes partners with software specialist in backing sports training initiative
Fruit importer Fyffes has teamed with Irish sports technology specialist Metrifit to host a competition that gives sports teams and coaches the chance to trial a Metrifit athlete monitoring software system as part of their training regime over a one year period.
Fyffes Emma Hunt-Duffy and Metrifit’s Peter Larkin launch a competition for five sports teams to win a year’s use of Metrifit’s performance monitoring software.
The Metrifit platform is described to help athletes and team players reach peak performance, once data is transmitted to their coaches remotely. Information carried can include general health status, well being and training responses as well as nutritional, sleep, stress, illness, injury and activity levels.
Open to all teams North and South and irrespective of sporting discipline, entrants, aged 14 and over, can apply online, stating why they deserve to win the top prize and be in with a chance to try the technology for themselves.
The prize package presented to the overall winner includes a Metrifit training session for coaches/staff and year-long use of a Metrifit Athlete Monitoring System. Fitness testing on the winning team's training ground, a nutrition workshop and jersey sponsorship from Fyffes and Metrifit are also included.
Speaking at its launch, Fyffes marketing manager Emma Hunt-Duffy described the venture as ‘an initiative perfectly in tune with our culture of promoting healthy eating and an active lifestyle across all age groups’.
With a global customer base that includes high-profile user Harvard University and other colleges across the United States, Australia, UK and New Zealand – clients closer to home who have used the Metrifit platform include the Dublin and Kerry senior football teams, League of Ireland, the FAI and the English Premier League.
Commenting, Metrifit CEO Peter Larkin, whose company has been supported by Enterprise Ireland, said: “We are proud to partner with a globally respected brand such as Fyffes and we see that their drive to be the best is reflective of our own ethos”.
Five teams will win runners-up prizes of one year’s use of the Metrifit system. Entries are open until October 20th, with winners announced on October 27th next.
For more information:
Tel: +353 1 887 2700
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: