Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Idaho potato grower looking forward to tenth PMA Fresh Summit
For participants at the PMA Fresh Summit, gathering together and networking at the event is and has been a valuable part of their year. As vendors see the opportunity to present new products as well as to connect with customers and suppliers, they continue to attend year after year to take advantage of this unique opportunity.
Wilcox Fresh has been present at the event for ten years now and sees it as an important showcase. The Idaho-based potato and onion grower has also branched out into an organic vegetable range and is looking forward to presenting their wares to attendees while also collaborating with fellow producers.
Derek Peterson, from Wilcox Fresh, said that they have had a positive season and that the PMA Fresh Summit has come at a great timing for them. "This year has been a good one for us as we have enjoyed a quality crop with a good mix of sizes. Our Fall potato harvest begins in the middle to end of September and lasts for 3-4 weeks, just in time for the PMA Fresh Summit! Wilcox has been attending this event for ten years now under their own brand," Peterson said.
Great for networking
When asked why Wilcox enjoys participating in the event, Peterson explained that meeting with customers as well as other producers is a highlight. "We're mainly a potato and onion grower, however we have moved into category management and organic vegetables," he said. "The event gives us an opportunity to meet with other vendors and potential growers from across the country. It also enables us to speak with our customers who can get together with us here to discuss new products."
"The event presents really great value for us and overall, it's wonderful to network with like-minded growers," continued Peterson. "This year, we will be launching a new product. In addition to this, we have the opportunity to present our value-added potato lines and our sweet potato products. The PMA Fresh Summit is one of the best places for our company to grow on these ideas."
For more information:
Tel: +1 (208) 356-6668
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: