Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Veteran mushroom grower to launch new product at PMA Fresh Summit
Phillips Mushroom Farms was founded 90 years ago in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. The family business now distributes more than 70 million pounds of mushrooms in the United States annually. They have been a regular exhibitor at the PMA Fresh Summit event for over 30 years now and are looking forward to this years' event.
Kevin Donovan, of Phillips Mushroom Farms, explained how the company is preparing for the event. "Phillips are excited to be launching a new organic retail product at the PMA Fresh Summit. It's going to be a fresh organic gourmet blend which we been developing in line with customer requests. The organic products have been picked up by a lot of retailers and we are seeing a good amount of demand for both organic and conventional mushrooms."
Along with a new product, the company will be showcasing some of their established products as well as having cooking demonstrations. "We will be showing our frozen product lines as well as demonstrating our fire roasted mushrooms along with a blended mushroom and beef burger," Donovan added. "Phillips has been launching their new products at the PMA Fresh Summit event over the past few years and so we see it as a great reference point for our year."
Connecting with customers and other vendors
As well as launching and demonstrating new and existing products, Phillips sees the event as a fantastic forum to speak with their customers and gather ideas from others in the industry. "Events like the PMA Fresh Summit gives us an opportunity to connect with our customers from all over the country," said Donovan. "As well as this, we get a chance to meet with other people in the industry to discuss innovations and industry improvements. Things like new production technologies and transportation that are designed to enhance our product."
Mushroom season on the way
Right now, the mushroom season is in a lull as summer ends and Fall and Winter bring about increased production and demand. "Mushroom prices are steady right now but production is off as summer is the slow growth season," explained Donovan. "But demand is off too and this year the two have coincided quite well. We should see demand start to pick up towards Thanksgiving and Christmas and then continue through the Winter and Spring."
You can find Phillips Mushroom Farms at Booth 4339 to see their new product as well as observe their cooking demonstrations.
For more information:
Phillips Mushroom Farms
Tel: +1 (610) 444-4492
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: