Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Eastern Reds" kiwis from Pujiang sold in Taiwan for the first time
The "Eastern Reds" kiwis, which are patented by a producer in Sichuan province's Pujiang county (Chengdu city), have ripened in September. On September 17th, the agricultural production and marketing companies from both sides of the strait joined hands at a promotional event for kiwi fruits from Sichuan, which was organized in Taibei.
They sent the "Eastern Reds" kiwis to Taiwan for the first time, are about to enter the market through Px Mart Co and other chain stores. Agricultural workers from Sichuan explain that Sichuan is home to the Chinese green kiwi fruits, and that, within this province, Pujiang county is their major base of operations. This region has a strong symbolic name which is considered to be synonomous with safe products. The "Eastern Reds" which will be exported to Taiwan are patented products which were grown by the Chinese Academy of Sciences on their plantation in Wuhan city.
This is the first time Chinese "Eastern Reds" will be sold on the Taiwanese market.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: