Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rice Fruit Company announces new leadership
Ben Rice and Brenda Briggs are the new leaders of Rice Fruit Company. At the company’s September 14th Board of Directors’ meeting, Ben was elected President, succeeding his father, David Rice. Brenda, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, assumed the leadership of sales at the company earlier this year when John Rice stepped back from his duties. They join Ted Rice, company Treasurer, as the top leadership in the organization.
John Rice, Brenda Briggs, Ben Rice and David Rice
Ben joined Rice Fruit Company in 2009. He graduated from Princeton in 2005 and earned an MBA from Penn State University in 2013. His work at Rice Fruit Company has focused on the production side of the business. He represents the fourth generation of his family to run Rice Fruit Company, which was founded in 1913 by his great-grandfather.
Brenda joined Rice Fruit Company in 1999 as the assistant sales manager after serving as Director of the Pennsylvania Apple Marketing Program for 6 years. She earned a BA from Dickinson College and an MBA from Mount Saint Mary’s College in Maryland. In addition to running the sales program with John Rice, she has become a recognized leader of the Eastern apple industry in her own right. She was recently asked to rejoin the board of the US Apple Association, after previously serving as chair of US Apple’s State Executive Committee and as chair of the US Apple Export council.
David Rice and Ben Rice
David Rice joined the company in 1973 after graduating from Princeton and serving in the US Peace Corps. David’s primary responsibilities have been in production, in addition to his executive role. He was elected President in 1991 with the passing of his father, Arthur E. Rice. He will remain active in the business although he is planning to take some additional time away for travel.
John Rice became head of sales in 1975. He served twice as Chairman of the US Apple Association and the Pennsylvania Apple Marketing Board. He was named Apple Man of the Year by The Packer, and Apple Grower of the Year by the American Fruitgrower, in addition to other awards. In 2011, John and David and their two brothers, Ted Rice, and Mark Rice who runs the family’s orchard operations, were named as the first “Growers of the Year” ever selected by the Good Fruit Grower magazine from outside the state of Washington.
Valerie M. Ramsburg
Rice Fruit Company
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: