Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch traders eager to invest in potato farming in Bangladesh
Dutch traders have shown their strong interest to invest in potato farming in Bangladesh aiming to increase the production of the tuberous crop, reports UNB.
The traders have disclosed their interest at the potato fair titled "Potato Europe" held at Emmeloord, Holland on 13-14 September.
The Nederlandse Aardappel Organisatie (Dutch Organisation of Potato Merchants), a platform of 200 potato-related Dutch business entities, expressed their hope to take intensive plan to boost up potato farming in Bangladesh.
The organisation has already got an approval of financial aid from Dutch government, said its members, adding that Wageningen University and Research Centre, a famous agriculture university of the world, will work as the knowledge partner to implement their research-based knowledge in potato farming.
Bangladesh Ambassador in The Hague Sheikh Mohammed Belal visited the two-day long fair when Aucke van der Werff, mayor of Noordoostpolder, received the Ambassador.
LC Packaging, a packaging organisation of agricultural products, took part in the fair.
Lucas Lammers, incumbent director of the organisation, said they have built a packaging factory in Gazaria upazila of Munshiganj district in Bangladesh, investing 10 million Euros.
LC Packaging has picked up Bangladesh as their business centre due to the availability of jute and jute-made products, said Lammers while taking to Ambassador Sheikh Mohammed Belal.
Bangladesh Ambassador talked to the businessmen in the fair and assured them of providing all types of assistance in order to take the business relation between Bangladesh-The Netherlands into a newer height.
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: