Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Banana growers in Ecuador propose new law to grow industry
Representatives of the banana farmers in Ecuador have proposed a bill for the promotion of better prices and increased market access to help support the economy for the Agricultural Sector.
Yesterday they submitted the initiative to the Commission on Food Sovereignty of the Legislature. The proposal includes low-interest credits, direct links to clear marketing channels and the producer as the direct beneficiary of the producer.
President of the Banana Association of Ecuador Byron Paredes stressed the need for an Agricultural Law. He also spoke of the need to increase the industrialisation of agricultural products. “Today we talk about a sustainable economy and to generate it is necessary to start with sustainable production and marketing.”
Publication date: 9/19/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: