Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hapag-Lloyd orders 1,000 new CA equipped reefers
Hapag-Lloyd has ordered 7,700 refrigerated containers (reefers), including 7,000 x 40-foot and 700 x 20-foot units.
1,000 of the new containers are equipped with the company's controlled atmosphere technology, which slows down the ripening process of various types of fruits and vegetables, allowing them to be transported for longer periods of time while maintaining a consistent quality.
For the first time, 1,000 of the new 40-foot containers will be manufactured in a plant in San Antonio, Chile, a region in which they are in high demand. As a result, it will be possible to reduce the necessary shifting of empty containers from alternative production sites, which saves both time and money in terms of empty transports, says Hapag-Lloyd.
“After the merger with UASC this past May, Hapag-Lloyd has once again significantly grown in the reefer market,” says Anthony J. Firmin, Chief Operating Officer at Hapag-Lloyd. “With these new orders, we are further expanding this position and investing in an efficient and modern fleet as well as in the expansion of our most recent product, ExtraFresh Plus.”
ExtraFresh Plus technology allows extremely sensitive fruits, such as blueberries and lychees, to be transported at the desired level of quality and degree of ripeness.
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: