Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Sri Lanka gets local GAP certification for better access to EU
Sri Lankan export promotion authorities have developed local versions of international agricultural and manufacturing practices to help certified exporters get better access to European markets, an official said.
The initiative was being tried out with fruit and vegetable exporters many of whom do not follow good practices, said Indira Malwatta, chairperson of the Export Development Board (EDB).
“We are doing GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice),” she said, referring to systems for ensuring that products are consistently produced, packed and supplied according to quality standards and subject to audits.
“For the fruit and vegetable sector we introduced local Good Agricultural Practices with European Union aid through the ITC (International Trade Center),” she told a business forum.
Over 550 farmers now are entitled to use Sri Lankan GAP which will be a natural graduation to getting international certification,” Malwatta said.
“If you are to export processed products to the EU market we have to be able to trace it down to where you got the vegetables.
“For that you need global GAP certification. In all these cases EDB has money to help companies to do GAP certification in Sri Lanka.
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: