Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
World Banana Forum to hold third global conference this November
The World Banana Forum (WBF) has announced that its Third Global Conference will take place between 7 and 10 November 2017 in Geneva at CICG (Geneva International Conference Centre).
The conference, which is now open for registration, will benefit everyone who has an interest in the banana sector - from producer and consumer organizations to governments, retailers, traders, NGOs, development agencies and research institutions.
The themes for discussion include environmental impacts of the industry, adapting to climate change, sustainable production systems, distribution of value in the supply chain, labour rights, decent work and gender equity.
Some 250 participants are expected to attend, in particular representatives from the various organizations that are member of the WBF such as banana producing and trading companies, producer organizations, civil-society organizations, worker unions, research institutes and government agencies.
“The banana industry is excited about this event,” said Pascal Liu, Coordinator of the WBF. “Working together to promote sustainable banana value chains has never been so vital. The conference is an opportunity to strengthen the collaboration between stakeholders of the industry and to translate ideas into actions.”
The conference aims to strengthen collaboration among the stakeholders of the banana sector in order to make the value chain more sustainable. It will focus on global collaboration, business and technical issues. It will bring together experts and share the latest innovations on sustainable practices in banana production and trade.
For more information on the event, including a full agenda, or to register, please visit http://www.fao.org/world-banana-forum/wbf3/wbf3/en/.
For more information:
World Banana Forum
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: