Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Highline Mushrooms supports Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Foundation
At its annual family picnic, Highline continued its support of local community initiatives with a $50,000 donation to the Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Foundation (WECAF). This pledge will be allocated towards WECAF’s Leamington Homework and Back to School Programs, which provides children in southern Essex County with essential school supplies and helps to foster self-confidence and academic performance.
“Highline is committed to supporting all of the local communities where we operate. We are thrilled to support an organization like the Windsor-Essex Children’s Aid Foundation to give as many children as possible a chance to be on an equal footing. Giving kids in difficult situations the tools to succeed, as simple as a backpack with all of the necessary school supplies or a safe space to get tutored and do homework with the most up-to-date technology, is consistent with our values at Highline,” says CEO, Aaron Hamer.
Supporting and being involved in various local community programs has been, and continues to be, an important mandate for Highline and with this donation, we hope to bring positive impact to children in Essex County.
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: