Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
New farmers promote development of Chinese greenhouses
"In the past few years in China, more and more people from outside of the agricultural industry have gradually joined the industry. Simultaneously, these parties, contrary to the traditional agricultural industry, have more capital, and are highly educated. They are now promoting the development of the Chinese greenhouse industry," states Mr. Chen Lei of Ningbo Sunshine Greenhouse Co Ltd.
"The rise of the greenhouse industry has benefited from three factors. Firstly, the government has strenghtened its support for the agricultural industry, especially in the north. Secondly, the fast development of the Chinese economy has increased the demand for safe and high quality food products. It also drives farmers to continuously find better scientific and advanced growing methods. Thirdly, China is vast, so there are large differences in the weather.
That is why different areas have different needs for greenhouses and their equipment. For example, the winters in the north are very cold with a lot of snow, so they need pressure-resistant and heat preserving greenhouses. In the eastern and southern coastal areas, on the other hand, there are hurricanes every year, accompanied by large quantities of rain. Therefore, they need shelter from wind and rain. Moreover, when building greenhouses, the location also has to be considered. The hurricane season and rainy seasons have to be avoided. Otherwise, they would bring about a lot of damage."
"Currently, berries, like strawberries and blueberries, are generally grown in monomer greenhouses and single- and multi-span greenhouses, both in China and abroad. The main reason for this is that the majority of berries can only be harvested once a year. Compared to other crops, the annual value per hectare is not as advantageous. That is why growers choose greenhouses to solve the core problems surrounding the long production time, such as heat preservation, rain shelter, and pest prevention. This can lower the initial investments, and satisfy the growth requirements for berries."
China produced multi-span greenhouses
"Our company was founded in 1997 in Ningbo, Zhejiang. We mainly provide the design, production and installation of agricultural equipment, such as greenhouses. Currently, our Chinese customer base is very broad. It includes growers, distributors, government organizations and research institutes. Our foreign customers are mostly large-scale distributors."
"The largest challenge for the production of greenhouses is their functionality. Building a greenhouse is not just putting a steel, refrigerated construction on the ground. It also involves follow-up services. Companies that need greenhouses do not only want to master the essential knowledge of the greenhouse. They also want to gain knowledge on growth itself, so the greenhouse can play an important role in improving the crop production and quality."
Butterfly shaped ventilation greenhouse
"To guarantee the applied technology, we have our own research and development, production and quality inspection teams. Simultaneously, we discuss with and learn from other research organizations. Compared to other companies in the industry, we have a rich export experience and a modern management concept. We are one of the few Chinese greenhouse companies that works both in China and abroad."
Chen Lei (Alex)
Ningbo Sunshine Greenhouse Co., Ltd
Company address: Guanshan Area, Tangxi Village, Yinzhou District, Ningbo, Zhejiang
Phone: +86 135 8659 5084
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: