Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Murcia aims to create Nut Interprofessional Organization
Murcia's Council of Agriculture hosted a meeting between its head, Francisco Jódar, and representatives of the nut sector, in the course of which they speculated on the creation of an Interprofessional Organization.
Jódar pointed out that "the region will support the creation of an Interprofessional Organization for the nut sector that can watch over its interests, given how important crops like almonds are for the Region in terms of acreage" and added that "we will work with the sector and with the Ministry of Agriculture for its implementation."
The Councillor recalled that the Region already has Ailimpo; an outstanding example when it comes to this type of organization, which has helped add value to the lemon and grapefruit sector. An Interprofessional, he suggested, helps protect the good functioning of the food chain; improving the knowledge, efficiency and transparency of the markets, as well as the quality of the products in all stages. Moreover, it promotes research and the productions themselves.
"There is a lot to be gained from the creation of an Interprofessional Organization for the nut sector, so the regional government will be strongly committed to this goal," stressed the head of Agriculture.
The Region has a total of 73,893 hectares devoted to the production of nuts (66,291 hectares of rainfed crops and 7,602 of irrigated land), with the majority corresponding to almonds, for which the government also aims to create a quality seal.
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: