Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia: Pineapple growers to reveal lessons from Costa Rica
What was learned during the Commercial Mission Specialized in Pineapples to Costa Rica from August 27 to September 1 will be taught to Casanare's entrepreneurs and pineapple growers. The travelers will inform what they experienced at the Networking Meeting scheduled to take place in Yopal on September 22.
The training will be sponsored by the Pineapple Cluster, led by Casanare's Chamber of Commerce (CCC). It was this initiative which motivated the trip of 10 Casanare businessmen to Costa Rica, within the framework of the Commercial Mission Specialized in Pineapples.
The Commercial Mission was key because "it helped our pineapple growers to improve their understanding of the MD2 pineapple agribusiness and its value chain in the country that leads in its production and export, thereby validating the strategic business options of the Pineapple Cluster among its participants," highlighted the president of the CCC, Carlos Rojas Arenas.
The pineapple growers Octavio Sabogal, Aulí Moreno Alonso, Édgar Acosta Mateus, Leonor Martínez Parra, Yazmín Espitia Bermúdez; the Agricultural Engineers Nubia Rubio Cárdenas, Cristina Arenas Rivera, Héctor Sandoval Gutiérrez and the Cluster Manager, Viviana Valderrama, will share what has been learned in Costa Rica regarding the technical aspects of: production, agro-insurance, agricultural machinery, harvesting and postharvest.
The Networking Meeting will be held on September 22 from 8:00 am in CCC Yopal headquarter's auditorium. Places are limited, so any interested parties must reserve a spot by writing to the e-mail: email@example.com. The deadline is the 20th of the current month.
Aulí Moren is a legal representative of Agricola Santana de los Llanos SAS, who recently received the certificate in Good Agricultural Practices (BPA) and the registration as an exporter of fresh fruit by the estate 'Santana' of his property, from the Instituto Colombiano Agropecuario (ICA). He was the first in Casanare to obtain both distinctions.
All this means that the Networking Meeting is the ideal setting to learn about all the aspects needed to strengthen the pineapple's value chain in Casanare.
Publication date: 9/18/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: